Emergency Communications Network (ECN) developed the CodeRED Mobile Alert app to provide smartphone users with a way to take the CodeRED Emergency Notification System with them wherever they go. The app provides location-specific notifications generated by public safety officials who use the CodeRED emergency and mass notification system across the United States and Canada.
The CodeRED system is offered in thousands of communities as a way to keep residents informed of critical events via phone, text and email, after they sign up for alerts online. Through push notifications being sent directly to a subscriber’s mobile device, the CodeRED app allows residents to be notified of important emergency information when they are on the go. It is important to note that if your City or County’s public safety agency does not subscribe to the CodeRED service you will not receive alerts through the app.
If you’ve downloaded the CodeRED Mobile Alert app on your iPhone or Android, here are some helpful hints to improve your user experience:
- Enable location services on your phone. The app uses your phone’s GPS services to deliver location-based multimedia alerts using push technology.
- Create an app account. Click on the “register” button when the app asks you to sign in, enter your email and create a password. If your City or County offers CodeRED and you have already created an account to receive those alerts, you must register separately to receive the alerts through the app because your account information does not automatically sync with the app.
- The app is free. Emergency notifications, general notifications and missing person alerts will always be offered free of charge.
- Weather alerts are an add-on feature. The CodeRED Mobile Alert app comes with a complimentary 30-day trial of CodeRED Weather Warning that automatically sends US-based subscribers, weather alerts from the National Weather Service. This is an upgrade feature that will cost $4.99 per year; however, purchase is not required and the CodeRED app itself is free.
- The fee for weather alerts does not renew automatically. After your yearly subscription expires, you can choose not to continue to use this part of the CodeRED app by not paying the fee again. You will not be automatically charged for another subscription.
You can download the CodeRED Mobile Alert app here. If you’re happy with what the CodeRED Mobile Alert app has to offer, please consider writing a review on iTunes or Google Play. If you have questions or comments, please call us toll-free at 866-533-6935 or via email at email@example.com.